Slickypot

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Desert Star Playhouse

Tucked away on Main Street in Murray is the delightful Desert Star Playhouse, complete with a fabulous melodrama piano player. I enjoyed a wonderful evening full of laughter and fun while dining and watching, "Hunk-cules" who really acted as though he was too sexy for his toga. I must say that I would love to play the piano for their productions! What a hoot.

This year's productions included:
Back from the Future (What happens in 1985 stays in 1985)
Beverly Hillbillies 90210 (You might be a redneck if ...)
Sheer-Luck Homes (Clueless again)
Goldilocks Capone and the 3 Amigos
Hunk-cules (I'm too sexy for my toga) ...through Sept 24
Legally Brunette (Not all dumbs are blonde) ...Sept. 29-Nov. 12
It's a Wonderful Life (Winging in the holidays) ...Nov. 17-Dec. 31

And next year's productions will include:
CSI:Provo (Decaffeinated DNA)
The Princess Brides Maid
The Addams Family Home Evening
Wicked - er!
My Big Fat Utah Christmas (a new holiday comedy)

Trust me - I don't work for Desert Star (yet) and I am not being paid for this promotion. I simply had a very fun, entertaining evening laughing and smiling while watching their production. Yes, I will be back! General sales for season tickets open September 13. Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday, 10am - 9pm, 4861 S State Street, Murray, Utah 84107, 801-266-2600 or go to www. DesertStar.biz.

No comments:

Post a Comment